11 Best Hosting for Multiple Websites & Domains
When you’re done creating your website there is one more thing you must do. That’s right! You have to choose a hosting company that fits your website’s needs the best. But what if, in the future you want to have many websites hosted online? If you’re not yet very used to picking an efficient web host, you might think that you have to pay the hosting cost for every single website. In other words, that you must purchase a hosting plan for every single website you own.
Well, let me tell you, that’s not the case. There are lots of hosting companies who come with the possibility to host multiple website in the same account, for the same base cost. Yes, you’ve read that right. You can have multiple (2,3 or even unlimited) websites online for the cost of only 1 hosting plan.
In this article we’ll take a look at the companies who come with this option in their offering. As you can tell from the title, we’ll go through the 11 best hosting services for multiple websites. But before we dive in, let’s check what a good hosting company should give you, so you can identify easier the best one for your websites.
Choosing Hosting for Multiple Websites and Domains
An important factor when choosing a host is the price for the chosen hosting plan. It might be obvious why this is important. You don’t want to overpay when there could be better options out there. The good news is, that all the 11 companies in this article come with competitive prices, that most people can afford paying. There are 1 or 2 with higher prices, but we’ve managed to pick the ones that are reasonably priced.
The next thing that you should take into consideration when choosing a host is the pack of features you get with the chosen plan. When you look for a host that gives you the ability to have multiple websites included in just one plan, you need powerful features to back up all your websites. For example, a huge amount of disk space for storing all your data is very important. This way, you can scale up easily when you have to. Luckily, many candidates on our list come with up to unlimited storage space.
The third factor that you must consider is related to the previous one (storage space). Having a lot of storage isn’t enough, if the hardware is outdated. You need hosts who give you the latest hardware. That is why all the options in this article give you SSD storage, not HDD storage. An SSD is way faster compared to a traditional hard drive.
This fact has other bonuses as well. For instance, your websites will become more popular in a shorter time period. Why? Because they will work faster, thanks to the SSD storage space. Nobody likes a site that loads slowly. Thanks to the latest hardware, your website will load in a second (or maybe 2).
The last factor that I’ll mention here (for now) is the security. When you have only 1 website hosted at someone, you must be sure it’s in a safe environment. If that’s the case with only 1 website, then we can safely say that multiple websites need even more security. Many of the companies on this list come with free SSL certificates included in the hosting plans.
An SSL certificate will make sure that all your website’s data transfers and exchange remains encrypted, so only you and the destination server can decrypt it. This way, every site will work in a safe manner, and your visitors will know this, thus giving you more credibility. You will even rank higher in the search engine results, like Google for example.
An SSL becomes a standard these days, pretty much a mandatory feature. So, look for a host who comes with it in its offering.
Now that you know what you should look out for in a hosting package that fits multiple websites, let’s move on and talk about the 11 best hosts for multiple websites.
1. InMotion Hosting
InMotion is an American hosting company first launched in 2001 by 2 professionals: Todd Robinson and Sunil Saxena. Since 2001, this host became a very popular choice among the people in need of hosting for many websites. But why? Let’s find out!
For start, I’ll list all the features they include with any of the 3 shared hosting plans:
- Free SSD storage for a better performance
- Google Apps integration
- Free backups for your sites – this one, is very important, and they give it for free
- Secure IMAP email
- 1 – click installer for all kinds of applications
- 1 free domain if you choose to pay for a whole year in advance
All 3 plans that InMotion offers, grant you access to more than 1 hosted website:
- The Launch plan comes for a monthly $.6,39 and lets you host 2 websites. The following features are all included in the price (alongside the basic ones that I mentioned earlier):
- Unlimited disk space (SSD)
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited emails
- Free marketing tools (website builder, visitor statistics and free credits for advertising the sites)
- Free SSL certificate
- The Power plan is the second package they make available and it costs a monthly $.8,49. Using this one, you can host up to 6 websites. All the features from the previous plan will be available here as well plus 2x times the performance (more RAM and CPU resources at your disposal).
- The third plan is called This one costs $.14,71 / month. If you plan to launch a lot of websites in the future (more than 6), this plan could be your best bet. It lets you host an unlimited number of websites. Besides the already mentioned features from the first 2 plans, purchasing this package you will have 4x the performance and Pro Level Support.
If you’re not satisfied with any of the 3 plans that you may purchase, InMotion will give a 90-day money back guarantee. This way, you’ll be sure that your money won’t be put into something that may not work out in the future. Now, let’s take a look at the next candidate on our list:
BlueHost is one of the most widely used web hosting services around the globe. There’s a high chance that you saw an ad or heard about it online. That’s for a good reason. If you’re looking for a hosting company that comes with more than affordable prices and great features too, BlueHost will be a good choice. Like most hosting companies out there, they also offer shared hosting in 3 separate plans. Since the first plan only lets you host 1 website, I’ll skip that one and talk about the 2nd and 3rd package.
- Plus: This plan costs $.5,95 / month. If what you want is a cheap hosting plan that will grant you access to a huge number of websites, then this plan could be a good choice: it lets you host an unlimited number of websites for the base price that I just mentioned. But what are the bonuses you get with it?
The first thing that is of utmost importance is the storage. BlueHost will let you use unlimited SSD storage with unlimited bandwidth as well. This will make your life easier when the websites will grow a lot in popularity.
Security is also important. BlueHost will give an SSL certificate for all the websites you have with them for free. If you look around the web, you’ll find that BlueHost is one of the most secure web hosting companies ever launched.
Email storage is also unlimited. But to make your email addresses more secure, they add a SpamExperts tool to the package. As you may already think, this tool is to help you protect your email accounts from spam.
For a faster site growth, $200 of ad credit is also added to the bundle. Not too many services come with this, but BlueHost is one of the few.
- Choice Plus: This plan is the one recommended by BlueHost itself. When you take a look at it, you might notice right away that it costs just the same as the previous plan ($ 5,95). This could make you believe that there’s no difference between the 2 plans. But that’s not the case.
Besides all the features that come with the Plus plan, Choice Plus also adds 2 more:
- 1 Domain Privacy – hides your personal info from the internet. You really don’t want your personal info out there.
- CodeGuard Basic. This is a tool that mainly focuses on back-ups. If something bad happens with one or more of your websites, CodeGuard can be used to load an older version of it that was backed up automatically. You can restore the site to a previous version with just 1 click.
HostGator is mainly marketing itself as a low-cost hosting service. And that’s true. They have some of the lowest prices in the industry. You’ll see that later. But they are also quite reliable even for multiple site hosting.
Just as with BlueHost, HostGator’s first plan is also supporting only 1 website, so I’ll move on to the 2nd and 3rd plans.
Baby Plan: This is HostGator’s second shared hosting plan that comes for a monthly $.3,48. I told you they have low prices. This plan and the third one, both give you the ability to host unlimited domains for the package price. What are some of the bonuses you get with this plan though?
- One-click installs (like InMotion Hosting)
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free SSL certificate
- Support for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento
- Unlimited email accounts
- Unlimited sub-domains
- User friendly control panel
Business Plan: This is the 3rd plan that costs $.5,23 / month. It still is a good and affordable deal for most people. If you compare this plan to the previous one, you’ll notice that all the features from there are present here as well. But there are some additions. Let’s list those right now:
- Upgrade freely to a positive SSL: this means that a trust logo seal will be displayed on the site’s layout, giving your visitors an easy to see mark that your website is a trusted source of information. This upgrade is also backed by a $.10K warranty.
- A dedicated IP address is also added to the package
- To help you get visitors more quickly, HostGator will make you available the use of free SEO tools. This is a $.50 / year value package. The first thing that you’ll notice here is a step-by-step SEO plan, personalized to your website. Once you go through this, you’ll receive even more tools that will greatly help you in making your website stand out from the crowd. It’s good to know that HostGator cares about their users in this matter.
iPage is a hosting company that was first launched in 1998. It has some history behind it. Since then, more than 1 million websites found hosting using their plan. This is a pretty big number. So, let’s see what makes them such a popular choice for their users.
This hosting service is a little bit different from the ones I already talked about. Why? Because they only offer, 1 hosting plan to cover all the needs of their clients. How can they do that? Let’s see!
With only 1 plan that costs $.1,99/month, iPage gives you the following features included in the price:
- Unlimited websites for hosting (this being the main thing that interest’s us in this article)
- If you pay for a whole year upfront, iPage will add 1 free domain name to your plan as well.
- Unlimited number of MySQL databases, which is important to keep all your data well organized.
- The bandwidth is scalable to your needs.
- Free SSL for all the websites you have.
- Free website builder with hundreds of themes and templates.
- Support for WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
- PayPal integration for ecommerce websites.
- Free professional email accounts.
- All time support (24×7) via phone or live chat.
- A custom-made control panel solely made for iPage users.
- Unlimited storage with SSD.
- 30-day money back guarantee if something is not as you expected.
If you’re looking for a host that can give you all the features needed to have professional websites set-up, without the need to look through all the plans they offer, then iPage could be a good choice for you. With only 1 plan, they give you everything that could possibly be needed to host your websites in a professional manner.
It was founded in 2008 by Trey Gardner. On first encounter with the official website, you’ll notice that all 3 of the web hosting plans they offer come with the possibility to host unlimited websites. This is exactly what we want. So, let’s dive in, and see what they offer:
First, I’ll list all the features that come with any of the 3 plans:
- Free website transfer
- cPanel: this is the traditional control panel used by hundreds of website hosts all around the world.
- Unlimited MySQL databases. I already mentioned above, why this is a good option to have.
- Free drag-and-drop website builder.
- Nightly-backups: this is exactly what you think it is: a service that makes sure to regularly back-up all your data, and protect you against possible hardware failure.
- Softaculous: this program is very handy when it comes to installing all types of software into your website (more 250 scripts and programs). WordPress is included here too.
- Cloudflare CDN: this is a tool that makes sure your content loads faster when a user accesses the site.
The 3 plans that GreenGeeks offers come for the following price tags:
- Ecosite Starter costs $.2,95 for each month.
- Ecosite Pro comes for a $.6,95 monthly fee.
- Ecosite Premium costs $.16,95 every month.
The second plan promises 2x the performance of the first one, and the 3rd plan 4x the performance of the first plan. Like you’d expect, all the 3plans come with SSD storage, which is unlimited for every plan. The email accounts, bandwidth and hosted domains are also unlimited.
If you choose the 2nd or 3rd plan, you will also receive the PowerCacher Technology. Pages should load quickly on all your sites, and this tool will help you achieve that.
If you’re a web developer looking for hosting, then GreenGeeks is a good candidate for you. It comes with support for the below listed technologies:
- Secure FTP access and SSH access.
- Support for Perl and Python along with the latest versions of PHP.
- MySQL databases.
- Git integration.
- And many more bonuses that come for helping you in the development work.
InterServer is a company that comes with many available services, amongst one is web hosting. This is not the most notable player in the web hosting field, but they have a pretty good service that you should definitely check out for yourself. To give you a better idea on their capabilities, just think about the fact that the company is around for more than 19 years now. If we talk about experience in web hosting, they surely have it.
There are more types of hosting services they provide, but for now we’ll only focus on the shared hosting, that is best for most new users who need a host for multiple websites.
Standard Web Hosting: This is the package that was made for those in need of web hosting. It costs $.5,00 every month if you choose to pay on a monthly basis. If you pay for a whole year upfront, the cost is only $.4,00 every month.
The following features are all included in the standard price:
- Free website migration
- SSD drives for a faster website
- Business email account
- 24/7 support
- MySQL databases
- 30-days money back guarantee
- Support for WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, PrestaShop (for ecommerce) and other software.
- Unlimited storage space
- Free website builder
They also add something called the Inter-Insurance. What is this? You surely heard before that any website, no matter how secure and safe it is, can be hacked if someone is trying hard enough. But even if that never happens (which should be the case), small issues can come up every now and then. This is where the Inter-Insurance steps in.
If your account is compromised, it will take care of the clean-up in 3 steps:
- It investigates where and how the problem came to be (the reason behind it).
- It restores everything the way it was before the issue came up.
- It fixes the problem by taking care it never happens again in the future.
If cheap hosting is what you aim for, then Hostinger will pretty sure get your attention. But they are not only cheap, but reliable as well. This isn’t very common in today’s world, but in this case it’s true. To give you more reasons on why you should check out this host, let’s take a look at their prices and features.
- Single Shared Hosting is the first plan they offer. It costs only $.1,45 for each month.
- Premium Shared Hosting is the second plan that costs $.2,95 / month.
- Business Shared Hosting is the third plan, and comes for a $.3,95 monthly fee.
Now let’s take a closer look at each of these plans. But I’ll skip the first one because it only gives the ability to host 1 website, not multiple ones. Before I give you what the second and third plan can do, see this list of features that is available for all 3 of the plans that I mentioned:
- 99,9% uptime guarantee
- Weekly backups for free
- PHPMyAdmin – for developers
- Git integration
- 24/7 support – Hostinger’s support is almost instantaneous. Many people praise them for this bonus.
- Unlimited FTP accounts and FTP over SSL for a more secure website.
- Integrated WordPress hosting with the latest version.
- Unlimited parked domains.
- User-friendly website creator.
Now that you know what are the standard features, let’s talk about the 2 separate plans that come with support for multiple websites. So, I’ll start with the Premium plan:
Premium: Above the standard features, you also get 1 free domain name for a whole year, if you choose to pay for one year in advance. This is only one of the new perks.
With choosing this plan, you have an unlimited number of email accounts you can create. Compared to the first plan that only support 1 website, here you have 2x times more RAM and processing power. An unlimited amount of SSD Storage is also added to the plan. To handle the data more efficiently, there’s an unlimited number of MySQL databases in the package as well.
Business Shared Hosting: being their most expensive plan (not exactly expensive, I know), it comes with the greatest number of features. For instance, no matter the number of websites hosted in your account, an SSL certificate will be installed an each of them to ensure the security.
The processing power and available RAM is also increased to 4x times from the first, cheapest plan. Is there anything else added to the package? Not much. The most reasonable plan is the 2nd one. It comes with almost any feature that’s needed to host multiple websites efficiently.
There’s something else that needs to be mentioned here about Hostinger: the huge number of online tutorials. This isn’t really needed to be able to host multiple websites, but it sure comes in handy if you want to grow them faster. For example, there are articles and even video tutorials on how you can grow your websites more efficiently.
If you’re looking into developing a better website, these tutorials can help you there as well. For instance, you can find articles about web development, various CMS platforms like WordPress and even server management.
I already mentioned the support behind Hostinger. But let’s elaborate a little here. When you consider a host that comes with great support behind it, you must look at 2 things: the team’s response time and knowledge. Regarding the response time, you never have to wait more than 2 minutes (and I gave you a big number here) to get a team member’s answer. Hostinger’s support team really knows about hosting. They are up to date with the latest developments in the web hosting trends and know all about possible issues and how to solve them quickly. If you like having a conversation that makes things happen, Hostinger’s live chat will earn your liking.
All in all, the human element is great with Hostinger. But don’t forget about all the features and low prices as well.
This company is an American based host that was founded in 2001. The goal they try to achieve is to provide blazing fast and reliable hosting services for any user. It’s good they have regularly updated testimonials on their official website. These speak of a good host that cares about its users. But, if you make a search online, you’ll mostly find the same opinions. So, the trust score is quite good for A2Hosting. But, what about their plans?
Just like many other hosting providers, A2Hosting also comes with many types of services, like dedicated hosting, shared hosting, VPS hosting, integrated WordPress hosting and even reseller hosting. We’ll focus on the shared hosting plans:
They come in 3 separate variations:
- Lite for $.3,92 / moth
- Swift for $.4,90 / month
- Turbo for $.9,31 / month
These are the prices for the Linux shared hosting plans. A2Hosting comes with Windows based hosting as well, but for a better performance, Linux is the best. And for the average user it’s the most suitable. If you need specific technologies, like Microsoft Servers, .NET or Silverlight, Windows hosting is better.
Let’s take a look at the features offered by these 3 plans. The first package does not support multiple website hosting, so we’ll focus on the 2nd and 3rd options.
Swift: Swift is the most popular choice when it comes to shared hosting at this company. This plan is giving you 2x times more resources compared to the first plan. For instance, you get: unlimited websites for hosting, unlimited databases, unlimited storage (SSD) and unlimited transfers. cPanel and a free SSL certificate is also added to the base price.
Something interesting about A2Hosting, is the fact that they offer anytime money back guarantee. Most companies only go for 30, 60 or maybe 90 days. But this host is so confident in its service that allows for anytime money back guarantee.
Turbo: A2Hosting is marketing this plan as their fastest service up to date. You get all the features from the previous plan, but with 2 additions:
- Turbo: this is a tool that can speed up your websites up to 20x times.
- A2 Site Accelerator: another bonus feature that also takes care of site speeds
A2Hosting is putting a great accent on site speeds. If that is something you really want, go with this host. You shouldn’t be disappointed.
SiteGround is an individually owned hosting company that has more than 400 employees. They really take web hosting seriously. With more than 1,7 million websites hosted using their service, it is one of the most notable players in this category. As you’re accustomed by now, SiteGround also comes with 3 separate shared hosting plans, out of which 2 support multiple websites. We’ll talk about those:
GrowBig: This is the second shared hosting plan and it costs $.5,95 / month. It allows you to host multiple websites, and it’s suitable for approximately 25,000 monthly visitors. Like the name is suggesting, this plan was crafted for sites that are growing in visitor numbers. With 20 Gb of web space, you have enough room to grow in size.
All 3 plans come with some ‘’Essential Features’’:
- Free website builder
- Free SSL certificate and HTTPS
- Free email accounts
- Cloudflare CDN
- Daily backups
- Unmetered traffic and unlimited MySQL databases
- cPanel and 24/7 support
Some premium features are included too: priority technical support, restoring to a backup for free on command, SuperCacher for better loading speeds and free site transfer.
GoGeek: As the third and final shared hosting plan, this is the most expensive costing $.11,95 / month. It was crafted to work with websites that have up to 100,000 monthly visitors. All the features from the previous plans are here, but a new pack is also added:
- Fewer accounts on the server: this allows for a better performance.
- Staging for WordPress and Joomla
- On-demand backups
- Create Git repository on demand
- PCI compliant servers
GoGeek is also the best if you want to create an ecommerce website. Being PCI compliant, it meets all the regulations put in place for ecommerce websites.
NameCheap is American company that was founded in 2000 by Richard Kirkendall. In 2018 the Inc.5000 said that NameCheap is one of the fastest growing companies in all America. Since it was launched, it became a popular choice for many site owners. If you want big numbers, check this one out: NameCheap has more than 10 million websites hosted. Huge number, right?
But besides this number, NameCheap is great when we take a look at the features. These come in the following plans:
- Stellar costs $.2,88 / month
- Stellar Plus costs $.4,88 / month
- Stellar Business costs $.8,88 / month
You should know that all 3 plans come with support for multiple site hosting. The first one lets you host 3 websites, the second and third one, unlimited websites. Now I’ll go through all the 3 plans separately, but before that, here are the features included in all 3 plans: free SSL certificate for every website, free website builder (drag-and-drop tool), Softaculous included with lots of free software and 1 click installs, WordPress support, 24/7 support via live chat and 30-day money back guarantee. Now, let’s move on to the separate plans:
- Stellar: This plan grants you access to 20 GB of disk space with unlimited bandwidth and parked domains. You get backups twice a week, which is great for this price. 50 MySQL databases are in this package to help you organize your data. 100% uptime is guaranteed as well.
- Stellar Plus: This plan is the best if you need a reasonably priced package that has most of the bonuses you could need. It comes with unlimited SSD-accelerated storage space and unmetered bandwidth. You can host an unlimited number of websites with it.
They make available an unlimited number of professional email accounts too. All of them come with SpamAssassin installed right out of the box. There are many more features, but the main ones that are mostly used by anyone were listed here.
- Stellar Business: This plan comes with 50 GB of pure SSD storage and all the other features from the previous plan. It’s good to know that you have way more backups then the other plans offer: 6 on a daily basis + weekly ones as well.
We’ve reached the last hosting company on our list. DreamHost is another well-known company in the web hosting business. It is so popular that even WordPress is recommending it as a hosting service for WP websites. This is actually one of the perks if you choose this host. It has one of the best WordPress integrations in the market. For WP blogs, or any other WP-based website, DreamHost can be a great choice.
All the hosting plans at DreamHost come with the following features:
- Custom control panel – this panel was custom-made to help every user get control over all the purchased services in one place.
- 1-click installer (WordPress, Joomla and other web apps are easily installed)
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Support: this is great at DreamHost. As I already mentioned at Hostinger, there are 2 things to look out for in a great support: knowledge and speed. DreamHost has both of these aspects on the highest level. Getting answers to your questions is easy, all you need to do is contact the team, or just take a look in the community behind the service.
- SSD drives. You already know why this is so good.
Shared hosting comes in 2 different plans here, but since the first one only supports one website, I’ll talk about the second option:
Shared Unlimited: This plan comes for a monthly $.5,95 fee. The price I mentioned just now is for the monthly subscription. But you can choose to pay for a whole year upfront, or even 3 years if you want to.
The plan supports hosting for unlimited websites. All the above-mentioned things are added to the package with some new perks as well: free SSL certificates for every website, unlimited bandwidth and SSD storage and email hosting.
If you go for a whole year or more from the start, DreamHost will give you a free domain name for one year. But this only stands if you pay on a yearly basis, the monthly payment does not apply here.
For developers with multiple websites, DreamHost is a good choice. For example, all the following bonuses are in the package: unlimited MySQL databases, PHP 7.2, Perl, Python, Rails, Full CGI Access and SSH Access, just to name a few.
DreamHost also has testimonials on the website for every type of their hosting services. This could help you make your choice easier.
11 web hosts that support multiple websites in the same account. If you didn’t think this is possible, now you know it is. We’ve covered all types of hosting companies. You can see that many companies have really competitive prices, that come with great many features included in all the plans.
Now, it’s all up to you. To be able to choose the right host, you need to think about what you want to accomplish with your websites. That is the most efficient way, to select a winner from this list.
I say this, because there are many types of websites you can create: blogs, personal websites, business websites, ecommerce websites, directory website or even more. Pick the host that has all the features you want for a specific category. This way, you can make sure, you don’t put money into something that could turn out to be a dead end.